Bedok Day Centre is a day center established in the 80’s in order to look after the elderly in terms of health, nutrition and ensuring they receive enough exercise. Upon arrival at the center, we were introduced to the main physiotherapist and he explained to us what his role in the center is and how we are going to establish a connection with the clients at the center. Prior to going to the center, we were shown a machine called the SpiderGym which is used in the center on a day to day basis and it offers a variety of different exercises. We were taught how to use this machine and we ourselves used it and learned a few exercises to teach to the clients on our next visit. Personally, for me, the experience of this service is similar to ones I have done in the past as I have history working with clients at the St Andrews Hosptial in Changi. This experience so far has been great and I enjoyed it thoroughly. There are times when there are problems with communicating with the clients such as the language barrier. However, our impact looks to be significant on the clients as all of them are always happy to see us every week. It is a great opportunity for us to see which clients are not engaged in a certain activity and we can identify the likes and dislikes of the clients and alternate between different activities whether it is board games or other types of exercises. So far, I have enjoyed this unique experience and hope to make the most out of it for the rest of the year.

Adhvay Krishnan