Late 2019, I started learning how to play the piano – something that I stopped as a child and have been longing to continue ever since. I am currently at a beginner piano level, and I am happy with the progress I am making.

Most of the time I don’t find enough time to practice the instrument because of my academic commitments however, the circuit breaker turned out to be the perfect time for me to practice my skills. What motivated me however was the “20-day practice challenge” conducted by the school I learn at. Initially, I was a bit hesitant to carry forward with the challenge knowing that. I had a lot of school work. However, I proved myself wrong. For those 20 days, I made sure to perfect every piece that I did.

Along the way, I received positive comments from the people around me as well as my teacher. This motivated me greatly as the playing the Piano is one of the things I am less confident at. For the above reasons, I would fit this activity under the following learning outcome:

“LO2: Undertaken new challenges, and developing new skills”.

Here is evidence of my practice: