Chinese Temple Fair 2019 (庙会)

3 days, from 30 Jan to 1 Feb 2019, the school’s Chinese Department organized an annual event called “The Temple Fair” to celebrate the upcoming Chinese New Year 2019.

I signed up to be a part of this event. I decided to sing two songs for the first day which are named: “Swan Goose” and “Father” because the audiences are those service partners, who were those elderly and disabled. For the second day and the third/last day, the audiences are the grade 7 students, so I sang a “happier” song called “Grand China”.

For the third/last day, I also performed a Shaolin fist position called “Tong Bei Quan” to show others the essence of Chinese Shaolin Martial Arts.

I enjoyed this event a lot as I got to immerse myself into the Chinese New Year spirit, and I was also glad that I, a member of UWCSEA can promote the Chinese Traditions within and beyond the college.

If you want to see the photos and videos of me and others in the temple fair 2019, please visit this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GyxXigQtB1j4ojjvLKdRHyi4t369NFjt?usp=sharing