Summary of “Introduction to IOS programming” learning

At the beginning of the year, I signed up for an activity called “Introduction to IOS programming “,  and this activity continued for 2 seasons, and it already ended when I posted this blog.

We had this activity every Thursday after school from 3 P.M. to 4:30 P.M. and our “teacher” is a Grade 12 student who is graduating called Arnav Gupta.

I haven’t done Xcode before however, I’ve done C++ before, these two programming languages are similar but also different in a way.

We’ve learned not only programming language in Xcode but also real app developing skills in Xcode. We have had two “assessments” so far, the first one was an app calculating the amount of money you have to pay in total when you enter your service tax, GST and fees of the food. The second assessment is called the “Zombie Task” which let us simulate a situation which is stated here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16TtXNoIbpELjkx1sthyCRcT9x9G4bSu5/view?usp=sharing

(These are my programming photos for my second assessment)

At the beginning of the year, we started to learn about how to set and declare variables, and we moved onto functions and then for and while loops, these are the “coding” things, whereas, in the app development, we learned how to import view controller, table view, segue and so on.

I have learned a lot of things in these two seasons of “Introduction to IOS programming”, and I really enjoyed doing it since coding is one of my passions.