Reflection on the assembly this week (7 March 2019, on environmental issue)

On Thursday, 7th of March, 2019. Head of sustainability in both UWCSEA campuses, Mr. Nathan Hunt, told us about the issue of sustainability in this campus.

He focused on the actions which we did to lower down our school’s overall waste, such as reusable cups and biodegradable cups. He also focused on the issue of food delivering, he told us that one cup of delivered bubble tea contains: plastic bag, plastic straw, plastic cup, plastic seal. Everything is made out of plastic, and it would cause great harm to the environment.

I feel like his speech was really powerful and personally, I am convinced to be a part of this sustainability act. Mr. Hunt told us that the school won’t “ban” food deliveries, he said that the school was “suggesting” not to order delivery food to the campus from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. And I think doing this is good for both the students and the environment.

Personally, I never ordered any delivery food to campus. It’s because I think that there are plenty of choices in our school café, so if we order food from outside, there would be more waste left in our café as well.

Let’s all take action to save the environment! Let’s reduce the use of plastic products, reuse resources and recycle if possible!

Image result for environment damage

Posted in PSE