Crest Gold Award for Design & Technology project

Gold Crest Award - QEGS Blackburn

June 2020, Grade 10.

I have submitted a Design & Technology project to CREST Awards by the British Science Association. And I have received the award. A Crest Gold Award.

This Design & Technology piece of work was about the solar-powered lamp that was intended to solve the problem of lack of light on the balcony in the evening. However, it brought up wider, real-world applications, which are light sources using sustainable and clean energy. As the world is going to evolve into a circular economy and we cannot always dispose of everything we use. Thus, this product is designed specifically to tackle the problem. I have spent countless hours in school’s DT workshop and labs selecting material, ordering circuits, soldering PCB, applying finishes, and assembling the product, as well as recording everything that I explored and discovered in the project at the same time. I am glad that I can have this award because it accredits my ability in DT as well as the success of my product.

I have to thank my DT teacher Mr. Paul Williams as well as technician Kevin, and other DT department teachers for helping me throughout this project, and I feel that this achievement is not only by me but all the efforts of everyone involved in this project!

One thought on “Crest Gold Award for Design & Technology project

1. Well done David, the DT department is so proud of you, congratulations.
    Mr Williams