Personal statement (Academic year 2019-2020)

Another year has went past, I remembered when I have just joined Grade 10, looking forward to more challenges and opportunities, time really passed by quickly.

https://portfolios.uwcsea.edu.sg/sun76695/2019/06/01/personal-statement-2019-zhongyi-sun-9th-grade-2018-2019-school-year/

Above is the link to my personal statement last year.

This year, I have involved in many activities, services, GCs, and leadership roles. I am involved in NYAA (and received the reward this year), CREST award (have received the CREST Gold recently), the Student Council, Lions Befrienders Local Service, Surfaid GC, Taekwondo, Art of computer programming, STEM club, Psychology Society, and Bersama Choir. As well as leadership roles such as being the MC during the Chinese New Year Celebration, the Head of the Student Panel for HoC recruitment, the enterprise & business officer for Surfaid GC, as well as the chair for Lions Befrienders Local Service and an active and supportive member of the High School Student Council.

I remembered I set myself some goals at the beginning of this year:

1. Participate actively in activities and services. (mentioned above)
  2. Get A or A+ in my IGCSE mock and final exam (on all my subjects).
  3. Be happy.

During my mocks, I have got A* and A except for two subjects. This is an “OK” result for me, however, I am aiming to achieve all A* and A for my IGCSE. Although due to the COVID-19 situation, exams are canceled.
I am happy throughout the year 🙂 I believe it’s because I appreciate what I own and always look forward to a better and brighter future, which is an enthusiastic aspect of my personality.

I have made a lot of accomplishments this year, and I am grateful for what I have achieved and learned throughout the year.

I look forward to my IB experience next year!

One thought on “Personal statement (Academic year 2019-2020)

1. One could admire David for all these achievements and plans for the future, but to me as a mentor, what I admire most of all is his happiness and peace of mind. David knows no stress, he understands that responsibility is not a burden, it is his nature!
    A great student, with a great future.
    It has been an honour to mentor David since he entered the school only two years ago.