Use Of Technology In Our Lives

To what extent are we deeply invested in social media and the technology around us? 

The process of coming to this question took some time and thought, after hearing the main idea of how social media and technology is having an impact on our lives as human beings but also the world around us. The conversations that I had were somewhat controversial in the sense that there was always another side that wasn’t thought about clearly and how there’s more than one answer to the ideas that were coming up whilst in the discussion.

Initially, the thought I had about this question was made up of the curiosities and predictions of what the articles had generally mentioned multiple times as well as my thoughts that I had during conversations with other people. In order to understand the question with more simplicity and get to the answer with better understanding, just think about where we were as humans a few years back, without technology, the need of having to hold it everywhere you go, checking it constantly even when you’re with family or friends and etc. Knowing the impact that having the technology and social media has on us now, how would you try to live a ‘balanced’ tech life? Is it really necessary to be invested in social media and technology all the time? When will we get to go back to the civilized life that was supposed to develop as generations are being created, is it impacted by technology and social media whatsoever?

This question is quite relevant, especially to our generation because we’ve been living in the world as technology has been developing and we’ve been using social media in every shape or form. There are always 2 sides to an issue and to answer the question, it’s most dependable with how we’re using our technology.

Digital Media Can Enhance Family Life

6 Ways Social Media Is Changing The World

5 thoughts on “Use Of Technology In Our Lives

1. I think this question will still be relevant in 3 years from now, I say this because as you said, technology is still developing and the more social media and technology used, the harder it becomes to get a balance. So in 3 years time, it might be even harder for those asking this question then.

1. I agree with your thought because I strongly think that this is a question that only individuals can answer themselves because we all have different relationships with how we use our technology.

2. I think this question will be relevant 3 years from now, I say this because the use of social media is a still growing thing and won’t die down anytime soon in three years the question will still be as important and relevant or maybe even more relevant.

In order to consider a wide range of perspectives related to your question, I would have to think about these three things: who are The people who are most affected by social media, who are the most important people on these sites and how do the people speaking out against them use social media and how that affects their view.

1. I agree with the three things that would need to be considered in order to answer the question because I think that to different people they could perceive the question in totally different ways. Therefore, depending on the ‘relationship’ or attachment that we have to our digital use it varies and we would have to weigh out the extent of how deep we invest our time into social media.

3. I think this question will be relevant 3 years from now, I say this because social media has had a great influence on youth and society as a whole, and I’m sure that there will be new forms of social media in 3 years time, making us much more invested in the whole social media situation.

In order to consider a wide range of perspectives related to your question, I would have to think about these things: the generations that didn’t grow up with social media that are now living in the digital age, and why someone uses social media the way they do; for personal purposes, for activism etc., and whether that makes them more or less invested in social media.