End of Grade 9 Math Reflection

This year in math, I’ve realized a lot about myself as a student in terms of my learning technique, what works well and what doesn’t and etc. I’ve had highlights throughout the year and low points every now and then, however, I managed to make sure that I persevered through them and continue to move forward. The most challenging aspect of math this year was trying to remember certain topics (formula’s and content) in order to get ready for the end of year exam. It seemed like a lot of material that we needed to cover, starting with everything that we’ve learned from the beginning. Even though it was hard for me to cope at first, as I practiced a lot I became a bit more confident in the way I worked and it felt good to know that I tried as best as I could in order to take the exams. In my opinion, I do think that the end of unit assessments/exams this year are crucial as the grade is, but I’ve learned the feeling of getting a grade that I didn’t expect but still feeling proud because I know how much effort I put into studying and preparing for the assessment. Overall, math has been a really big part of my learning journey as I’ve grown as a student and I understand the right ways to persevere when facing challenges.