NYAA (August + September + October)

For my National Youth Achievement Award (NYAAI, i chose ballet as my healthy living activity. The reason why I chose ballet is because I really enjoy ballet, and also because I practice a lot of ballet. Ballet really helps me stay healthy and fit, as I barely ever exercise, and it is my only form of exercise.

Currently, I am in grade 6 for ballet, in SeptemberIi took my Interfound exam and it went pretty well. During the months August and September, I was training really hard for my interfound exam as I really wanted to get a distinction.

In August, I trained a lot, but not as much as I did in September. In August, I focused a lot on getting my splits down, and I did, but I pulled my hamstrings and I lost my flexibility. I really want to get my splits down again so that my dances will look better, and more graceful.

In the month of September, I trained very hard as it was my exam month. On some weeks I had four lessons a week just so that I could perfect my exam pieces to become a better dancer.

In October, I worked really hard to learn all the grade 6 pieces, as there are a lot of pieces that I have to learn. I was also working on my flexibility, and trying to get my righ tsplits down agian, but I need to work harder for that.

My goal for the next three months is to get my right splits down and to try to get my left and middle splits down as well, if I can. If I become more flexible, then I will be able to execute my pieces more effortlessly, making me a better ballerina.

One thought on “NYAA (August + September + October)

1. This is fantastic – Please try to keep the post as reflective as possible and write about why and what and how, rather than just describing things. Fro example what was it that you wanted to keep practising prior to the exam. Thank you so much for this 🙂