First Football Match of the Season

LO2- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process​

Today was our first football match of the season, playing against Canadian International School. This was our first opportunity to play and develop our skills as a team. Although the result in terms of the score of the match was not our desired outcome, we managed to learn a lot as a team and individually on skills we need to develop in order to achieve better outcomes.

Initially, as this was our first time playing a full, eleven-a-side match, we struggled to work as a team and communicate very well. We discussed the challenges we faced during the half time, and what the tactics we intend to use for the second half to improve our performance as a team. As we applied these skills and gradually learned to enforce these tactics in a game situation, we grew stronger as a team, although it had only been 45 minutes of playing.

We ultimately figured that one major factor that impacted our performance was an encouragement for one another. Being a team meant that we were there to support each other, even when someone made a mistake and encouraged them to keep trying. I definitely feel that this helped me when playing personally, as my mistakes wouldn’t affect my self-esteem and self-confidence, with the knowledge that my team was still going to support me.