HOW I FOUND DEEP MEANING IN THE SERVICE I AM DOING.

Thanks again for being around to see a short description of how my learning carries on.This may not be necessarily reflecting on a specific time here at school but it’s an achievement that has come through proper planning and engagement throughout all energy I have been giving while having a dancing session with the disabled members of the local community from Tampines Minds.

This happened during the previous weekend when I was walking around Tampines Mall with one of my friends and we happened to sit down in one restaurant to eat.While we were waiting for our food I saw one of the clients sitting with his relative or guardian if I am not mistaken.And in my mind, I thought there was no need of going by to say hello thinking that he might not be able to remember who I am.Surprisingly, after they finished eating before leaving he came by to the table that my friend and I were seating and he said Hello to me and also he tried to give signs to the guardian that we normally dance with them at our school.

What made me find a deep meaning in this is that I realized finally we just don’t give them only one-time happiness through dancing with them for 30-40 min but it carries on as they share with anybody around them in specific ways. This has been a great motivation to me especially at the times that I doubted whether what we are giving them is helpful or not and this was a result of perseverance and trying my best to find the meaning in it instead of giving up.Moreover, this gave a big picture how I can get involved in a local community anywhere around the world without necessarily being near my home place or in my country.

I have also attached some photos that we happened to have during dancing sessions.

Thanks.

2 thoughts on “HOW I FOUND DEEP MEANING IN THE SERVICE I AM DOING.”

1. Hi Eli,
    This is such a great story an ‘aha’ moment for you. And it would have been even more special for the young man too. Which LO do you think that this experience connects best to?
    Ms Wilson

1. I think this is more of showing perseverance and commitment which is what brought this impact together with getting involved with issues or members of the local community also it’s globally significant to me as it’s not in my own country for me.