EE Day Reflection

One thing I’ve learned

I have learn’t a lot today, in particular as i’m doing my EE about child abuse and the extent abused children can be reliable eyewitnesses, I learn’t a lot about the statistics of abuse and how abuse has huge impacts in the cognitive development of the child. This is turn why in many cases, children’s abuse allegations can never be fully investigate and often result in a lack of convictions as many argue  that this causes them to be unreliable and unfit to testify against the abuser.  Thus this is a very controversial topic and the research conducted has major positive but also negative implications.

What I’m proud of

I am proud that today I was able to finish my 1000 word draft, therefore I have less stress continuing on and I can carry on my research without having to worry about the deadline. I am really appreciative of this EE I think it helped me a lot as having a long chunk of time enabled me to really think about my research question and how I want to answer it and I realised that it was too broad for me to go fully in-depth into it, considering we only have 4000 words. Therefore I refined my topic to focus on particular children who have suffered from violence and if this makes a difference in their memory reliability and susceptibility.

What I’ll be doing next

Next I will be conducting more research into factors and the supporting studies about abuse that impact it has on children’s memory reliability. I think I also need to organise my all ready existing research just so I have a more rounded view of the direction my essay is going. Lastly I think that I need to investigate the opposing claim, and find research that says children can be reliable witness, research that fully concluded that children can be used as reliable witness will be hard to find , therefore I think I will have to look for research that states they can be used as reliable witnesses under certain and set conditions, and that will be my apposing claim.

#EE