Reflection on the Advertisement Unseen

I think that the unseen went all right in my eyes. I had started off very shaky as I was nervous and wanted to space my points out evenly through the essay so my structure wouldn’t be concluded and redundant. This backfired because my introduction and first paragraph were largely identical with each other which didn’t help my marks and also, as stated before, I got nervous I wasn’t analysing enough which caused me to be sloppy in the latter end of my essay. In the end, I received a 15/20 which I believe is a 6, which is good but it still leaves much-needed room for improvement. My teacher gave feedback that I wasn’t analysing to the fullest extent and not structuring my phrases to emphasize my points enough which I think hit the nail right on the head, alas, I’m not too worried as with practice and exemplars, I think learning better ways to communicate my thinking will be achievable. On top of this feedback, I recommend to myself to keep calm and try to make more links to the textual side of the advert, and overall spend more time planning as it helps calm me down and improves analysis in the end.