Chloe's Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

EE Day Reflection

Today was our first EE day, and subsequently the day I began my pilot study. This day has been a great eye opener for my experiment and has exposed me to the writing layout that is encouraged for Bio EE’s. Although learning a lot today, my main take-away was the speed in which I need to make my solutions and plant the microgreens. In order to achieve the quantity required for a thorough conclusion, I need to work at a fast pace and ensure that my measurements are correct, as growing plants takes multiple days.

I’m proud however, of my experiment. I had previously written an entire method of which I followed strictly, and the standardisation of even the distance between the seeds I thought to be well thought out. Furthermore, the maths involved when calculating moles did startle me at first, but I am thankful that I accomplished this before EE day. I felt it was important to make sure everything was standardised, to obtain relevant data.

What I will be doing next is finishing my labs and working on the primary research in my EE. This will include raw data tables, graphs and deviations that may have occurred. When my first 1000 words are finished, I hope to have completed my full introduction, and hopefully some part of my primary research. I will also be using secondary research to look in depth on background information, and discussing what effects may happen in terms of ecotoxicology. I’m excited for what is to come!

Next Post

Previous Post