Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Coding for good

As a part of my college service, Coding For Good, held weekly on Monday after school, I have picked up two projects: an iOS app for the MUN club of our school and a website for the Kolkata GC of our school. Both of these projects use tools/software that I did not know previously however, I have learnt these on my own and have progressed from the initial stages of planning to the near final. Through this I have learnt the importance of perseverance and have also developed my skills in the computer science (LO1) area by learning the practical applications of what i study in school something I believe is really essential.

My first project is a website for the Kolkata GC; it is a website to raise awareness about the global concern among students and others so that people can be involved within the work for this GC and the NGO it collaborates it. The GC does not have a proper website and thus, this is an essential project at present. The website is still under development.

The second project that I am working on is an MUN app. Initially, i thought about an app that could help beginners in MUN with the procedure and debate that goes on and as I talked with Ms Blake, the director, the idea was accepted and taken on as a project. The app is still in development and gives MUNners, particularly those beginning, a good insight into MUN

Next Post

Previous Post