Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

From scratch…

Last year, I got really interested in the field of computer science. I was mesmerised by the field and it’s immense relevance to the world around us and the plethora of innovations and developments that surround it. I was intrigued by computer science and wished to inspire this passion among others while at the same time aiding them to develop the valuable skills of problem solving and logic. Building on to this, I decided to start the Introduction to programming with Python club with Mr McClure, my computer science teacher, which runs weekly sessions on Friday, from 3:10 to 4:30, for introducing members to the vast area of solving problems as a computer scientist.

Although I only started this activity in January, I believe I have learnt valuable skills by driving and leading it (LO3). I have learnt important skills of time management and organisation that are absolutely essential when driving initiatives and clubs such as these. I believe that by working over these weeks, I have been successful in inspiring an interest in computer science while also teaching these students some of the valuable skills required in this field.

This club has been an absolutely amazing experience for me. i look forward to taking it to greater heights and inspiring a love for computer science among more budding computer scientists while also building some valuable skills for myself in the process.

Next Post

Previous Post