Kolkata GC 2018

This year I am involved in planning the Kahaani dance show for the last time. I have once again been assigned to the logistics team, but being a more senior member of the GC meant that this year my role involved a lot more leadership and responsibility than it had before. I have to take on a greater amount of tasks, as well as explain to the younger, less experienced members of the group how to carry out their own tasks. The show will take place in January, so our responsibilities include allocating people into different dances, finding rehearsal spaces to the dancers, organising the facilities for the day of the show, etc.

Compared to last year, I feel a greater amount of responsibility having helped to run so many shows before. While I feel confident about completing all the tasks properly and on time, not having the older and more experienced members to help guide the show and rely on for help has been a bit challenging. I have had to develop leadership skills in order to provide support to the group and take on the challenge of planning the show without other members to fall back on, which relates to the 2nd CAS Learning Outcome.