How Can We Help One Another During the Coronavirus Outbreak?

Article – How can we help one another during the coronavirus outbreak? What can you, your friends, family, and community do to look out for one another?

Coronavirus outbreak has brought the world to its knees, especially the US and the entirety of Europe. But how are we handling it? The majority of the world population is taking a common measure of social distancing in an attempt to avoid and prevent the spread of the virus. Personally, I think it is definitely effective, there is nothing better than being able to prevent the spread of the virus and eliminating the chance of more cases, however, there are some opposing arguments regarding it. In the article, it talks about how we are stronger united than divided. I think that in the case of the pandemic, it is important to self-isolate and quarantine even though it is a human’s natural instinct to interact with others around them. I generally agree with the claim and respect Serrano’s efforts to form a supportive environment and be there for each other in times of need however from a practical side of things, self-isolation is the way to go with minimal contact except for instant family. I think it is important to help others I need, in the US almost 6 million people have lost their jobs and they are not able to financially support their family hence I think it is our responsibility to try and help others by donating food supply or offering assistance to the vulnerable, we can still help even if we are not directly there.