Project Week Mid-Reflection

LO1, LO7

From what I experienced over the one week, I can easily say that Project Week will be one of the biggest highlights for me in IB. Not only was it enjoyable, but also emotional due to the many connections we had with the students we taught at the school in Roong Village.

On the first day, we visited the Killing Fields museum, which was a depressing start to our week. It really opened our minds to the horrors that the world experienced before; the way innocent people got treated, imprisoned and slaughtered. The museum was very graphic and realistic, having on display the exact weapons and prison used to kill those people. Considering this, it was very important for us to be open-minded and respectful when we visited the museum, as there could be some individuals who may have a deeper connection to it.

For the next 3 days, we spend our mornings and afternoons with the Missione Possibile school located in Roong village. We each had to teach 3 80 mins classes per day. I personally taught Grade 1s, 3s, 5s, and 6s. I was first concerned of my capability to teach over 30 students per class, but as soon we reached our final day, I must admit that we, as a collective group, did a pretty convincing job of being teachers.