Frankenstein

Our group chose to read Frankenstein because as we were skimming through the list of classic, the title of this book was the most familiar. Frankenstein is a famous classic and when looking at the list, we thought this book would be the right challenge for our level of reading and I also wanted to know the story of Frankenstein. Before I started reading the book, I never really knew the story of Frankenstein, so I thought of it as those stories that I’ve read when I was younger. I thought it would be about the monster,”Frankenstein” and how he caused terror to many people. However, after reading the book, it turns out I was completely wrong. Frankenstein was not the name of the monster, but instead, the name of the creator of the monster. And also, the monster wasn’t heartless creature after all, but he was actually kind and wanted a partner to love. I’ve built sympathy towards the monster as I read his side of the story. Even the ending was sudden, and both of the main characters died, which came as a surprise. I quite liked the book, as the story would never get boring. Each event was looked over by Victor’s perspective and the monster’s which allowed me to glimpse the idea of the event. It turns out the monster was never really a “monster” but Victor is the one who turned him a “monster” If Victor had not left him or abandoned him, the monster would have done those awful things to Victor. I also like how the author laid out the plot. It wasn’t just a story from the main character and so, I would be interested in reading an another book by the same author.  If I was to read another classic book, I would be interested in reading books such as Dracula and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Image result for frankenstein book cover penguin

Cite to the cover of the photo

Here is the Link to my video in which I’m talking with my group on some discussion questions.