Emotional Intelligence

When I first heard about emotional intelligence, I thought it was about your emotion and how you control them. However, after studying the topic around emotional intelligence. I learned that it was also about the emotions of other people and how you interact with that.

Some of the strengths that I identified from the points in emotional intelligence was good at judging character. Normally, when I meet someone new, I have an intuition that I want to be close to that certain person or not. This has worked well for me, and my friends that I am now close to are people that I initially wanted to be friends with on the first day of school. But because of these, I don’t really like change and this would be a weakness that I have. I like to just stay in the same environment and change is not something that I actively look for. I will just go with the flow and if that changes my environment I would adapt to that but I wouldn’t try to change things myself.  Another strength that I identify is that I am difficult to offend. I have almost never gotten in a fight with my friends and I don’t really find any of the things people say to be offensive. And even if I do, I’ll most probably let it go and forget about it as it doesn’t really matter. On the other hand, I tend to be unable to say no to people. I will just try to fit in with the people around me and my friends so even if they are doing something that I wouldn’t really do, I’ll just do it with them. Considering my weaknesses, my targets would be to have a strong opinion for myself so I can decline when I want to and look for a change if I want it.

I think that developing my emotional intelligence, it would allow me to build stronger relationships. Emotional intelligence would build my character and have a strong sense of self and what I want to do but also consider other people’s feelings that would allow me to have a deeper connection with the people around me. And I want to be able to have a relationship that would last for a long time with neither me nor the other person feeling like they can’t share something or do something that they don’t want to do.