Culturama Japan 2

LO3 Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.

We finished cultural just yesterday and it was one of the best experiences that I have had. There were some setbacks to the performances but working together with my friends and new people that I haven’t known before was extremely fun. I had made new friends in other grades that I now talk to outside of culturama. In Culturama, I took the initiative to organise the costume with Rene. As the costume was going to be using yukata, Japanese traditional costumes, we needed someone Japanese to borrow the costumes. The Japanese association in Singapore was lending them out and I was the only one who was a membership there so I volunteered to communicate with them so we can borrow the costumes. However, when we called them 2 weeks before the show, they said it was lent out at the moment and that they would be back just a couple of days before the show. We were unsure of the timing but we decided it would work out. So a week before the show, I called them again to check for the availability and they said that it was available for collection. However, because it was so close to the show date, we didn’t have enough free time to go and pick it up. So instead, we decided to lend out the ones we had and ask other Japanese people who owns them to the dancers. Moreover, the costume takes a skill to wear it and so I took the initiative to learn how to wear it and put it on other people. So throughout the show, I had put on the costume to 4 of the dancers out of 8, including myself.

Here is a video of us dancing for the dress rehearsal

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R1dXNhi7mV4KCLRMWeMKuY96SIJpqU3d/view?usp=sharing