Kahanni GC dance showcase

LO 1 Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth

LO 6 Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance

Kahanni is a dance showcase held by a global concerns group to raise money for an organization in Kolkata. I did this production last year as well and because I enjoyed it I thought it would be great to do it again this year. It is quite similar to Culturama, the other dance production and I thought I could apply the skills that I learnt in Culturama to this activity. However, this dance is an indian styled and it required me to look into their culture and learn new aspects of dance. The moves are different and there are different things that needed to be considered unlike the dance I did for Japan in Culturama. The GC supports an organization named the Voice of World and supports the visually impaired and orphans in Kolkata. This is a significant issue because there are many children who are put in this condition and if they are not supported, they wouldn’t be able to get the education that they need or the emotional support otheriwise provided by their parents. By me being part of this activity help raise money for the GC, supporting the children in that city. I also learnt mroe about the culture in Kolkata which led to a deeper understanding in the issue as a whole. As a result of me participating in this activity, it helped me think deeper into the topic and to be open minded to learn different cultures and how they have different views.

This is a video of us practicing for our dance