Kahaani dance showcase 2

Reflection and Demonstration

LO4-Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.

We had just finished Kahaani last week and the show went great! The photos are from the actual show and the second photo is the whole cast photo. This activity lasted for 1 season and although it wasn’t a long period of time, I have managed to collaborate with new sets of people from different grades. In our group, there was a variety of students from grade 9 to 12 and because our group was all girls, we bonded quickly and I had made new friends throughout the process. Some challenges were that because we were from different grades, it was hard to find topics we could bond over but we soon found the link through dance. When any of us could not attend the practice we would all teach them the dance so they are all caught up. However, there was one person who did not show up to practice and could not do the performance together. This could have been improved if we had motivated her more to come to the rehearsals. For me to be a more effective team player, I should learn to be able to motivate people more. One of my motivation for continuing this activity were my friends. Because there was a group of friends who I was close to from before, it was fun to go to rehearsals and practices because they were there. The process was fun and even though some rehearsals were tiring and hard, just talking to them kept my motivation up. Because all of us were committed to making the performance great, our end performance turned out great, in synch and many people congratulated us on our dance performance.