Tech Tinkers

For this aspect of CAS, I signed up for a college service called tech tinkers. I have been a part of this service since grade 11 and this year, I am one of the leaders running the activity. The reason why this tackles issues of a global significance is because of E-waste. In a day and age where technology is becoming more integrated into our everyday lives, technology that is obsolete will be disregarded and disposed of. At tech tinkers, we reduce E-waste in our school community. We accept donations of old technological devices such as phones, tablets and laptops. Once we receive the donations, we refurbish them into working condition and donate them to those that need it. E.g in Grade 11, we fixed a bunch of laptops, phones, DS and tablets for a project week group to donate to the kids at Blue Dragon.

In the world, we are using more and more technology, and this generates more waste that is harmful to the world. By joining tech tinkers, I have managed to take in old technology, refurbish them, and redistribute them to communities that would greatly appreciate the technology.