Awareness and Swimming

When I was little, I spent a week or two every summer in a swimming cmap. At first, I hated it so much. I was struggling with learning how to swim, and I thought I’ll never learn it properly. But  after years of trying,at a magical day ( I still remember it clearly), I finally managed to swim my first strike. That’s when my love with swimming started. 

Later, when I went started school, I was attending regular swimming practices every week for more than 7 years. I never was a swimmer who goes to competitions, but I loved the swimming itself. That was almost the only kind of sport in which I was better than the average. Unfortunately, when I was in 8th grade, due to some health issues, I had to stop attending the practices, and after that, I only did swimming in summer.

Since these sessions were not professionally supervised by a coach, even though I did not forget the strokes and how to do them, my technique went wors. When I’ve gotten to know that here, at UWCSEA, I’ll have the chance to attend swimming classes, I was over the moon happy. I’ve been going to practices for a bit more than a month now, and I really enjoy them. I not only have the chance to exercise regularly and improve my technique, but I also get to know different ways of doing a swimming workout session.