Why did I change my service?

After the first half term of the school year, in the October break, I made some serious and hard decisions in connection with my CAS, especially with my service. During the first season, I did Coding for Good, which was such an amazing experience of mine. I had the chance to improve my coding skills, be the part of the organisation team of a Hac-a-thon and make new friends. So I did enjoy being there, and I cannot be grateful enough for the leaders of the service, who I know did (and still do) an amazing job with leading the sessions and handling  everything.

But during the first half term, every time I was thinking about my CAS, I just felt that something is missing. And not on paper, since due the criteria, I was fulfilling everything. So the feeling originated from somewhere else… Before I came here, I did different kind of volunteer works, where I mostly was working with kids and disabled elderly people who I met on around a monthly basis,  and as the time had passed after my arrival to Singapore, I just had to realise how badly I miss those personal meetings, interactions, where I actually can help others.

So as I have mentioned earlier, during the October break I sat down, and looked through my options. Since I did not want the things to continue as they were, I had to decide if I take up one more service, and try to fill it into my already pretty full schedule, or I change the service I did. The decision was hard, and I asked for help and advice in the Service Office, but at the end, I had to realise that handling a new service and still managing my school work would be jus too much for me.

Since the Service Office was really nice and understanding with me, they agreed on my reasons and let me change my service. Together, we found out that working with the kids from the Lighthouse school would be a great fit for both my personality and my schedule, so from now on, that is going to me my new local service.

I can’t wait to have some more experience with it,  what about I’ll write an other reflection:))