PSE Half Term Reflection

How will you apply your knowledge of identity, personality types, emotional intelligence, and self-talk to your journey through the IB?

In this first half term of PSE, I have learned many new and interesting things about personality types, emotional intelligence, and self-talk that I was previously unaware of. With this knowledge, I have also been able to develop the skills needed to navigate my way through the IB more effectively.

Becoming more aware of personality types and understanding my own personality type has allowed me to be more self-aware and apply myself more successfully in certain situations. Having a better understanding of both my strengths and weaknesses will certainly improve the quality of my work as an individual and in a group.

Learning more about the importance of emotional intelligence has also proved useful and will continue to be so in the future. Having a better understanding of emotional intelligence and its application in the real world has made me appreciate its value as equal to academic intelligence.

Self-talk is a skill that will certainly be helpful in the coming months of the IB. Being able to use this skill effectively will ensure I have the drive and motivation to continue even when faced with difficult situations, which are inevitable in the coming years. But with the help of this skill, I can be confident that I will be able to overcome the challenges before me.

One thought on “PSE Half Term Reflection

1. I’m glad to hear that the PSE discussions have made you think abut some of these aspects, and that you can see how they will support you during the upcoming months. The self-talk can be very powerful, we all have moments when we feel that our challenges are insurmountable and out of our control, so strategies to override these feelings are helpful.
    I would be interested to hear your thoughts on emotional intelligence and how you see it fitting in to your future plans. What field are you planning to enter, and to what extent might those traits be beneficial?

Reply