Tabitha – Reflection 1 (LO: 3)

LO: 3

Recently Tabitha had an event selling cupcakes and other baked goods at a play in order to raise funds for house building in Cambodia. Our goal for this event was to raise at least 500 Singaporean dollars to go towards funding houses in Cambodia. Personally, I found this event to be a challenging yet fulfilling experience as there were many processes we had to go through before the actual selling of the goods. The event itself involved many stages such as planning which goods we would sell, determining the quantity of the goods sold, and how we would produce these goods.

The initial planning of the event was slightly difficult as it was the first time we were organizing to do an event this large. However, we were able to give people specific roles to complete in the planning stages of this event which allowed us to progress smoothly and effectively. A few other people and I were responsible for determining and looking at the costs of making some of the goods that would be sold at the event. This involved some research into the types of ingredients we would use and how much of it we would use while keeping costs in mind.

After this, all of us were responsible for baking some of the determined goods before the event in order to ensure that we had enough product to sell to the guests of the play. Doing this stage properly was probably the most important part of the whole event because if we were unable to meet our goal quantity we would fall below the projected ideal revenue.

During the event, each person who was involved in selling the goods had a specific role which allowed us to operate more quickly and efficiently to ensure that we would sell as many products as possible in the time limit. The event itself was enjoyable and it was satisfying to see that our thorough planning paid off in the end.

Through this, I was able to initiate and plan an event which I had previously not done before. I learned a lot about how to plan these sorts of events and how to take the initiative in putting forth new ideas and opinions. Overall the event was a success for both myself and Tabitha.

One thought on “Tabitha – Reflection 1 (LO: 3)

1. This is really good planning for an event, especially with all of the logistics that had to go through in order to effectively carry out the project.

Reply