The show and a debrief…. Kahaani ’18

On Jan 25th, all our practice culminated in a fantastic show ! It was one of my proudest moments when I finished because this was the third time I got to choreograph and execute a piece and it turned out quite beautifully in my eyes, especially since the dancers expressed their enthusiasm and satisfaction towards the show.

I think what made it such an amazing show this year was the theme and its connection to helping people with a variety of disabilities. Every year we get to put on this fantastic show to raise money for an NGO, but through the process of choreographing and dancing I got to realise that the issue of disabled people being called less than others is quite important because they are very much capable of doing things that we, people without these disabilities can do. This show taught me that dance is a fantastic way to express this, especially since dance is my passion.

I feel that my actions have had a positive impact, even in the slightest way because I have been a part of Kahaani for 2 years now, and I think that by teaching my fellow dancers the purpose of this performance, people are already starting to understand the purpose of empowering those with ‘disabilities’.

I hope that with one more Kahaani left before I graduate, I get to make a difference through this showcase one last time.