Finding our Voices

This was a talk by 4 students who all had interesting stories that they told about a new hobby and part-time jobs in some cases. There was James who talked about his Youtube channel that he created about a hobby of his which is Ant-Keeping, Zubin is very interested in politics from a young age and has a blog that he updates every day with his opinion on the current politics on generally Singapore. Then there is Armaan who in all his years at UWC has taken part in multiple leadership opportunities, he talked about how he went from someone when he first joined being scared of talking in front of his class to talking in front of whole grade levels. Finally, there was Tony who when he first joined the school struggles with his English skills, he would be in class and would not be able to understand what the teacher is saying, so he set his mind on improving his English and now speaks near perfect English.

To me the 2 people I found the most interesting was James and Zubin, Firstly I found James very interesting because of how it all started for him. It started when he was watching an Ant-Keeping video and found it quite interesting, he decided to give it a shot and started creating a collection of ants. While doing this he had the idea to share what he was doing with people with similar interests. This story really struck out to me because there are some things that I do that like James he found that other people might want to know what I know to improve their similar interests.

Then there is Zubin who shares his opinion of ongoing politics, this I also found interesting how he is sharing his thoughts and opinion with a group of people with similar interests to his. By doing this he was also given an opportunity to speak in front of an audience about a political debate that he was interested in.