November 21

Personality Type: Mediator & Logician

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

My code is INFP – T or INTP – T. Stands for introverted, intuitive, think/feel, perceiver, and turbulent.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. —-  ALBERT EINSTEIN

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost. —– J. R. R. TOLKIEN

Descriptions that I feel exactly me:

Mediator:

• True idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine.
  • Guided by principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). Led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments.
  • Fantasy worlds fascinate Mediators in particular, more than others.
  •  Focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. (Yeah sorry about that. Some people are soo nice to me but I can’t give them back)
  • Often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. May start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”

Logician:

• Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect
  • Logician personality type tends to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners. (hahaha -> not debating for my true position —- Mr. Sharry)
  • Appear unreliable but actually okay(I hope so…)
  • don’t expect punctual progress reports
  • Appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but Logicians’ thought process is unceasing. It leads to that they look pensive and detached. (This matches the last point of mediator)
  • Friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized. (Some of my friends hate this… But I wasn’t wanting them to agree with me, I just became too eager to talk about it)
  • Logicians will opt to simply move on from a topic before it’s ever understood what they were trying to say. (I always thought it’s already understood…….)
  • The restless and pervasive fear of failure. Logician personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they’ve missed some critical points. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge Logicians are likely to face.

Descriptions that don’t really match me:

Mediator:

• Speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas.

Logician:

• Nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being “common”.
  • Not understand when people explain their thought processes to Logicians in terms of subjectivity and feeling. (this can be learned with enough effort)
  • Unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won’t find a bedrock of emotional support in them. Much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue. (I’m the opposite. I think I do not know better than them on how to solve their own issue, the only thing I can do is to make them feel better)

Posted November 21, 2019 by Wang Sige in category PSE