GYM LO#1

This is my CAS reflection on my activity, which is going to the gym. So I go to the gym three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6-7am before school. In the beginning, since I am not a morning person, I was a little worried that I have to wake up that early. Sometimes I also had big tests, quizzes or assessments to do for that day, so I thought: “What if I don’t go to the gym tomorrow morning, I would stay up late, do my work and wake up a bit later tomorrow, or sleep now and wake up early tomorrow to study”. But I had to realize, that first of all, staying up late doesn’t help, I have to start my work earlier to make sure that I avoid this situation, because I know, that I can’t work when I’m tired. Second of all I realized, that when I go and work out in the morning (and go to bed earlier also), it starts my day and helps me focus at school. I can do better on my tests, I feel better and surprisingly, I’m not tired at all. Now, it became a habit and I love going!

Also, sometimes I ask my friends to come with me to run or do exercises in the morning. At first, they usually say no, because “who would wake up at 5.30 to work out”, but when I convince them and I see how much they enjoy it, it makes me feel really happy! Usually they don’t know which machine to use, how a machine works, or which exercises to do, so I can also help them with it. I really enjoy working together with other people, especially my friends, so I love when they come with me.

Through this activity, I came to realise a lot of things about myself: I can actually do something that I really don’t feel like doing or that I don’t think I can do in the beginning, I just have to put myself into it and believe in myself. It was hard to wake up early before school at first, but now, I can’t imagine my days without this activity.