Catering Committee LO#3

As part of being a member of the catering committee, one of our jobs is to plan themed dinners for holiday celebrations, such as Christmas or Halloween. It is a really fun activity to do as we can work alongside the Sodexo team as well as have the opportunity to bring the entire boarding house community together.

My favorite dinner/celebration so far was the Halloween dinner, although it required plenty of planning and organizing. We planned the different, interesting and really special meal opinions, snacks and desserts that were Halloween themed, weeks before the actual dinner to make sure that everything is in place, at the right time. Our job isn’t only the food planning part, we also organize different kinds of activities that students can be involved with during these events, such as games and quizzes.

I think the best part for me was the actual day of the dinner when I saw right in front of me what we’ve been working on for the past 3-4 weeks. We had to decorate Santai, put out the food, create labels for them and arrange it in really special ways, eg. the salad bar was in the form of a human. Working with Sodexo was also an amazing experience, they are really enthusiastic and helpful. I’m really glad that I’ve joined this activity and had the chance to be a part of this amazing event!