Extended Essay: RC3 Viva Voce

In reflecting on my EE process, it was extremely challenging to find specific examples of these professional females actors’ practical exploration of becoming their male characters, as a brief description of their connection to the character was touched upon but deeper details into their process were never revealed. However, by looking broader at their previous training with different companies I was able to draw upon those experiences and explore how it may have informed the creation of their male character. This enabled me to gain a greater connection with my research as it was so fascinating to observe how my personal experience in becoming my character through the construction and mosaic of my own experiences, was so similar to professional actors’ process. If I was to undertake this task again, I would first gain more detailed research before then structuring my essay to avoid the tedious revision process I encountered due to the lack of depth initially acquired. Another powerful discovery that I gained through this process was how these professional actors’ experiences of portraying a multitude of characters enabled them to have a complex intellectual understanding of the dynamics of humanity.