Yoga Reflection #3

LO 1 Since the last reflection, I feel that I have improved in Yoga. We have advanced to two different styles of yoga, Yin and Yang, one which is energising and another that is more calming. I found that I enjoyed the Yin yoga more as I feel that it is beneficial in calming stress and taking a break from the pressures of school. Furthermore, I have been improving in preventing thoughts related to school, or work from distracting me while meditating.

LO2 The ability to prevent stressful thoughts from clouding me instead of being present is the most challenging to do as I take yoga after school, therefore thoughts about schoolwork will still be on my mind. Moreover, I find it challenging to have the self control to push those distracting thoughts away, however I found that the longer I am taking the yoga the more progress I am making. Additionally, I am still a beginner at yoga therefore a challenge that I have faced in yoga is the ability to hold my pose. When learning a pose that I am unfamiliar with I find it challenging to have the self control to hold it until the time is finish, this is something that I will need to improve in during the rest of the sessions.