IFP Refection #2

LO7

“Recognise and consider the ethics implications of choices and actions.”

• At what times did I face ethical decisions when participating in this activity? 

I had to make decisions in selecting delegates to attend for the IFP Cambodia Conference.

• On what did I base my decision making? Why? 

I based my deign on selecting those who shows genuine interest in IFP and those who show potential and good personality traits that would help them become a good peace building advocate.

• How did my moral principles affect the decision I made? 

Although I would love to allow all applicants to participate in the conference, duet to the limited space, we have to make decision in who would be selected for the conference. I tried to allow applicants who have not had previous opportunities to participate in this conference, following my moral principle that everyone should be given equal opportunities.

• Was I ever in conflict with another person because our morals were different? How did we resolve this conflict? 

Some of my teammates live that opportunities should be given to those who know the most about IFP. However, I believed applicants who show suit traits for a peace building advocate should be equally competitive. Hence, we resolved the disagreements through voting as a group.

• Have I become more or less principled as a result of my participation in this activity? Why?

I have become less principled and more considerate of the complexity of the situation.

• Have I ever been conflicted, leading both friends and other students?

At times, we were conflicted. However, we resolved it by speaking calmly about our perspective and actively listening others as well, and lastly drawing conclusion by voting in a manner that everyone involved has a say in the final decision.