Significant Learning I Have Had This Term

I think that having more commitments and activities this year, I have learned how to manage my time and responsibilities well. Doing student council, I have been able to understand the importance of leadership in our High School community as well as what the council does and how I can manage that along with other commitments I may have. I think that it also taught me how to have initiative and go for anything I set my mind to, not worrying about what other people will think or the impression that I may have on my community.

There were elections for student council, and honestly speaking, this was probably one of the most intimidating parts of the process but it also made me brave enough and have more courage to put myself out there and try new things that I haven’t done before.

Another crucial thing that I learned was how to organize my notes and learning to be able to maximise the knowledge that I get in class. I think that learning these things are very important to ensure that my notes are always up to date and are to a high standard for when I come back and revise with them at the end of grade 9 and in grade 10 before exams. I also think that at the beginning of the year, I was very afraid of the idea of taking an exam but even though, I am still slightly uncomfortable with the idea, I am more aware and capable than the start of the year. I believe that this is because of the hard work and dedication that I’ve put into my work and that translates to my confidence.