#3 Interview the Juvenile observation and protection center Nakhon Phanom, Mr. Pramote Phaitong

«(2)Second engagement activity»

The interview was conducted with Mr. Pramote Phaitong who is Juvenile observation and protection center provincial assistant.

This is a virtual interview which was conducted through the application called “Line” with the recording of the entire interview.

LINE: Free Calls & Messages - Apps on Google Play      

The organization promotes health, prevent disease control and protect consumer health. Moreover, they also promote to develop management systems to be highly effective organization, focusing on human resource development. Mr. Pramote Phaitong has talked about the impacts of how people went to work in the neighboring countries to Thailand like Laos, Myanmar, etc. And then their children are left at home with their grand parents to be responsible for kids. I found this part very difficult to actually imagine who hard it is going to be when they cannot afford  so many things including education, health care, food and so on. From the interview, I have learned a lot about the impacts of the inequality and poverty on people’s life and to be abused by drug just because they have no choice. I was motivated by the ideas of “What can I do to help the world get rid of inequality”. Then I decided to choose to interview this organization as I mentioned that the 2 organizations that I am doing the engagement activity with. I found the engagement very useful and interesting as it answered most of my questions and I got to be more open-minded at the same time. The interview does not only include the origins of the drug trafficking but they also talked about the types of drugs that are transported, the current drug transportation situation that is happening right now, the solutions for the issue, inequality impacts on turning people to be abused by drug use, and how much the organization has been supported by other organizations like international organizations.

Here are the pictures of the process of  drug arrest from the organization (including the pictures during the working process)