Group 13

What were your major contributions to your group’s investigation? What did you actually do to contribute to the success of the group?

I created the puzzle for directional lock relating to areas of physics and nuclear fissions. The steps are: After opening the small box the players will have to remove the crossword puzzle. After noticing the puzzle has already been filled out, they will have to look for other clues. They will then notice the ‘blank’ paper stuck to the top corner of the crossword puzzle. They will have to use the light from the invisible pen to view the hint. After they see that the drawing is of the directional lock, they should understand that they need to reorder the sentences and identify their placement on the crossword puzzle. E.g. down, right, down, right, right, down. After doing so, they will input this into the directional lock and unlock it.

What skills and qualities did you develop during the project?

I learnt how to work as one team and break the task down into different parts. I learnt how to corporate with people that I don’t really know before and share my ideas with them. For example, I and my small group created the puzzle for the directional lock. Also, I think communication is very important as we need to stick to one theme and create puzzles based on the background story. For example, we did nuclear fissions. It is also important to ensure every member of our group knows the game flow. Also, when we go to other class and solve the puzzles, we need to communicate as well because some information is actually connected together. At one game, our group was just working in small groups without much communication and then it ended up that actually we have gotten all the information but we did not connect them together.

I have also developed my critical thinking skill and developed my creativity through making the puzzles.

My Reflective Statement

Our project is about designing a “Breakout” using 5 sciences and we split tasks respectively. I came up with a “crossword” idea where unlocking the directional lock needs to solve through a set of puzzles including sentence reordering and keyword placement. My teammates supported my idea and we developed the idea of linking to physics and background story. We also made adjustments to ensure students will gain some knowledge from playing it.

Through this, I offered a critical thinking and ‘thinking-out-of-the-box’ perspective to my team. I think collaboration and communication are keys to a good ‘Breakout’ design and game.

Our Initial Group Reflection

Our Planning Document Group 13, MYS-208ob0x