CAS reflection – dance showcase development

When I first came up with the idea of choreographing a solo, I thought that using a sword might be a good idea as it fits well with the theme of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. However, although in Chinese dance sword is a commonly used element, but I have never learned about it before and I taught myself the techniques of using the sword. By learning something that I have never experienced before I explored my potentials and limit. Choreographing process was also hard because many incidents can happen during this process. For example, sometimes my photobooth wouldn’t work and I lost some of my footage when choreographing. I also had some hard time of did not catch the footage when I had a very nice inspiration. However, from this experienced, I got to know what is like to actually choreograph a piece and what are some of the potential problems that could occur.

During the winter holiday I went back to China, and unfortunately due to the covid 19 situation I couldn’t find a place to choreograph and was later on the LoA when I came back to Singapore, meaning I couldn’t choreograph for a while. This also developed my time managing skills as I have to make the best use of time to finish my whole piece within a couple of months.

Here are some videos of my choreographing process.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1CCVipc4E24MCf5EXCK-A-P1tjrHgqIwb