IFP Oversea Conference

Oversea Conference Application

I have always been a natural leader and building a leadership skill is something that I want in my subsequent role. I like taking initiatives and doing volunteer work that has always positive impact in the society. It not only helps the society but it also helps me gain confidence within myself and it helps me to view the society in a different way. I am also a very passionate person who gives immense time to community service work. During this summer (2018), I interned in an NGO (Bhutan Youth Development Fund) where my friends who graduated from high school and I have hosted a charity show so that we could raise some money to give it to the NGO who helps people with disabilities and youths (NU. 14,000 in total). On the other hand, I have also guided and initiated a project called “Zhenphen Project” literally meaning “Altruism” in which we formed a group of four to five members including myself. We collected and made a donation of clothes aiming for slum families in the capital city of Bhutan and even donated to Tarayana Foundation (public benefit organization, registered with the civil society organization authority of Bhutan which was founded by Her Majesty the Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck). Moreover, we extended the project through sharing on social medias and to other schools as well.

I came to know about Initiative For Peace through my seniors who have graduated from UWCSEA. During summer, she also did her internship with me at the NGO (National Committee of UWC) and during one of the biggest camps (Golden Youth Award Camp) organised by our National Committee, She led a workshop on IFP with the students who come from across the country. I was also one of the members who led the workshop with my senior and that’s how I came to know and understand more about IFP. Thus, I joined the activity immediately so that I can learn more and help spread how to build peace in different societies and environment. IFP has been one of my favourite activities and throughout the sessions, it helped me to reflect on my own actions and about the things that I have been doing till now. It helped me to change my perspectives towards different people’s situations and significance of understanding diversification. 

Being an openminded person, this personality has helped me to grow and learn from others. Apart from that, depending on the situation, I can also sacrifice my comfort if it is going to benefit the other person. Also I have been a team leader and I always find it fun and useful when people work together in groups and share ideas. Thus,  if I am able to become one of the team members of the overseas conference then I think it will be a great opportunity for me to improve myself and at the same time, help people understand how to reduce conflicts and understand peace building.  

Posted in CAS