Student Alumni and Foundation Council Reflection #1

LO#3

Taking part in the Student Alumni and Foundation Council is a new activity and experience for me. Without any hesitations, I joined the activity because I was very curious about how UWCSEA alumni were still able to connect to the school after they have graduated 10 or 15 years ago. I know UWC is a very diverse and international school and thought once we graduate from our high school, we won’t be able to connect to our friends and school properly as we all go on our own path after grade 12. Thus to explore, answer my curiosity and get ideas of how the school finds and connect with their alumni and in the hope to become one of them, I joined the activity.

The first few sessions were very exciting for me. Especially when we talked about how they always bring UWCSEA alumni from both East and Dover together after 10 years and how they celebrate together while also talking about their contributions (giving back to the school) to the school. Additionally, looking back at their alumni gathering photos and talking about how we can also bring the memorable photos of class of 2021, hyped my excitement. I look forward to more sessions where I can learn how to build and contribute to strong alumni network of UWCSEA and also build skills in different areas such as event management, presentations, creativity skills and most importantly building team work.

Posted in CAS