Pottery/Origami Club: LO3

I’ve just started to participate in something completely new to me, which is pottery. The only experience I’ve ever had with making pottery was in Middle School, where I made a Japanese style pot. As a result of this experience, I joined the Pottery Club, as I wanted a way to give the experience another go and to try something new. However, after a few sessions, I’d realized that another club was running at the same time, which is the Origami Club, organized by the same teacher. After giving that activity a shot, I decided that perhaps I’d actually want to switch over to doing origami, as I’ve always been intrigued and curious about it, and unlike pottery, I’ve actually never been exposed to doing it. Regardless of my decision, my first exposure to both of these have been very positive, and I think that my goal for the next coming months will be to take out some applicable skills from the activities, and become more experienced at either pottery or origami, helping me explore some new skills and activities!

Attached is a cup shape I made after a few sessions with pottery.