Culturama 2019 – Intro Post #LO1

Culturama 2019 – ARGENTINA

After hearing many stories about Culturama experiences in the first few weeks of school, I was curious and very interested in participating in this year’s performance. Growing up dancing, I think taking part in Culturama would be a great way to become involved in extracurricular activities in the school and also a great way to make new friends, especially coming into the school as a new student.

Preparing for Culturama auditions was a challenge of self-motivation and time management as I had to find time to learn the choreography of two dances whilst preparing for exams at the same time. I planned to audition for Trinidad and Tobago and also Argentina however on the day of the audition, there were just too many people auditioning for Trinidad and Tobago so instead of auditioning, I decided to invest more focus into making it through the audition for Argentina.

It was rather odd on the day of the audition, dancing the waltz without a partner, however, the challenge did not prevent me from receiving a position in the dance.

A challenge in the initial rehearsals was warming up with the other dancers in the group and getting to know my partner better too. As I was able to pick up the routine and steps quickly so I was able to practice thoroughly with my partner which developed our teamwork as well as occasionally help others. This allowed me to meet new friends and become more comfortable talking to them. Because of this, I think I found the overall experience more enjoyable than I had anticipated and I looked forward towards every Monday rehearsal.

Personal Profile
CAS