Pottery – Season 2 Progress #LO2

Pottery has been an activity I have looked forwards to every week as it is a place where I can experiment with clay and create small works to take home. I think time management in this activity is a challenge as there is only a certain amount of time available to work with before the clay dries out and becomes unable to be moulded. It was especially difficult to finish some pieces before the break, as well as considering some missed classes due to other activities such as Culturama / Kahaani performances etc.  The images above and below show two of the pieces I have made during pottery this term.

In the main image above, there were initially some issues when the piece came out of the kiln after glazing as the black matte glaze was unevenly distributed and so I had to combat this issue by improvising and painting the main part with black acrylic paint instead. The image below is a small piece that originally was an experiment however turned out better than anticipated. After the failed attempt with the matte glaze, I decided to use the black glossy glaze to paint this one as the consistency of the paint looked better and decided to put more coats in case.