Jesus Hopped The ‘A’ Train — 2 Big Question

1) Do you agree or disagree: Mary Jane is Skeeter (The help)?

It is very clear that there are many commonalities among the character of Skeeter and the character of Mary Jane. For example, both Mary Jane and Skeeter are trying to help those who are not as fortunate as them. For Mary jane, that would be Angel and for Skeeter that would be the black women who work as help. They are also putting themselves and in Mary jane’s case, her career on the line to help people. I also feel that they both have a fire in them to fight. At the beginning of the book/play, I doubt that Skeeter would have ever put toilet bowls onto Miss Hilly’s lawn and I dont think that Mary jane would have kept working to defend Angel in his case. However, towards the end of both pieces, they fight to the end for what they believe in without backing down.
This is again confirmed by how both Mary jane and Skeeter could have stopped what they were doing and quit while they still could instead of continuing and perhaps ruining their own lives. However, they didn’t stop, instead the kept powering through and fighting.

2) Morality vs Legality: Which is more important for the Playwright?

I think that for the playwright, Morality is definitely higher on their ‘right list’ than legality would be. Throughout the play, he writes his characters in a way that shows they all believe what they did was ‘right’ or ‘correct’ wether it was legal in the eyes of the law or not.