HS Pre-Season Tennis 19&U Girls

I got off to a bit of a rocky start in Pre-Season Tennis as I sprained a muscle in my hand and wasn’t able to play for 2 or more weeks as it would affect my grip and could potentially worsen the injury.  However, after recovering I was able to continue training.  The reason I wanted to join Pre-Season Tennis was to get more time on the court to improve my shots and accuracy before the season begins.  Once the season begins matches start relatively quickly, so I thought that joining Pre-Season would give me extra time to practice.  (Learning outcome 4: Show commitment to, and perseverance in, CAS experiences.)

I used to focus on being more consistent with my shots in order to not give away any points, however, this year I wanted to spend more time perfecting my shots and increase my accuracy.  I believe that if you’re able to play strategically and smart, you don’t necessarily need to hit the ‘strongest’ shot to win a point and it really depends on where you decide to place the ball.  It is really hard to be accurate with your shots especially if you’re aiming to have it land near the baseline or the sidelines as it could easily go out if you use slightly more power.  (Learning outcome 1: Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth)

Hand Injury: