Reflection 1

How might you demonstrate creativity and innovation through this project?

My biggest (ongoing) challenge is finding a way to make this project meaningful. I want for the end result to make a big impact on the issue of microplastic in the ocean.

I don’t want to just make a poster to put around school or go on the e-brief, I want something that people will actually look at.  I think the best way to display as much information as possible while keeping the attention of the audience and making it memorable is through a short film. So currently, that is my plan.

To show creativity and innovation, I plan on using several different techniques to edit the film. Some ideas I have come up with are:

1. Use free footage of oceans and +plastic online to make it pretty and high quality
  2. Interview some experts in the field
  3. Try and make some animations demonstrate the anatomy of fish and how plastic affects them or how the plastic travels down the food chain.

Some challenges I anticipate are time limits, lack of primary data, or footage due to lockdown and deciding on my target audience. To elaborate on my last point, I can either show graphic images to scare people or I can make it kid-friendly.

One thought on “Reflection 1”

1. I like the fact your really considering what kind of project will be most impactful to actually make a change in the world. Making decisions about whether to utilise scare-tactics or not will be a big one in deciding what to do next. Using scientific facts can be really powerful in the right context.